Özyeğin University, in collaboration with ATÖLYE, will host a Still Life Painting workshop under the guidance of Martin Harrison-Priestman on Saturday 22 July. Running from 10:00 to 16:00, the entry fee is set at 400 TL. Participants must RSVP by Thursday 20 July, with a 20% discount available for Fiba Holding and Özyeğin University members.
From the organizer:
Contents – Exploring the importance of colour, mark-making, form, composition, chiaruscuro, tone, drawing and the use of space in the Art of painting a still life in acrylics.
The course aims to introduce to the learner a broad spectrum of fine artist’s material’s and practices. Enabling the learner at the completion of the course to be able to express themselves and their ideas visually in a variety of mediums and method’s.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner is expected to be able to:
- Understand the basic principles and practices involved in the art of still life
- Have a basic awareness and an appreciation of the history of Art and its importance.
- Understand the basic principles and practices of mixing colours.
- Understand the basic principles of colour theory and colour temperature.
- Understand the basic principles of chiaroscuro, tone,
- line and mark-making in painting.
- Understand the importance and have a basic understanding of forms in space.
- Understand the importance of mark-making in painting.
- Have developed their creative skills and mean’s of visualizing their ideas.
- Have developed their powers of independent thinking, self-discipline and motivation.
Art Materials Needed (Participants are to bring their own painting materials)
1. The following tubes of acrylic paints (eg. following 200ml tube colours – titanium white, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow, cadmium red, venetian red, emerald green , ultramarine, alizarin crimson or violet, burnt umber, raw umber)
2. Various flat, round and filbert brushes for acrylic painting ( sizes 4, 6, 8, 10, 12) we will use mostly large flat brushes in our projects – palette knife for mixing acrylics and an artist’s acrylic disposable palette- container for water – apron or old shirt for protection – portable travel easel – wet wipes – charcoal sticks – portable stool.
3. Stretched canvas (minimum size 50 x 30 cm – maximum size 60 x 40 cm.).
For more information, check out the official workshop page.
Images courtesy of the organizer.
Tarihi Bomonti Bira Fabrikası – Silahşör Cad. Birahane Sok. No: 1 – Şişli